WhatsApp’s popular messaging app has made it possible to transfer data from Android phones to iPhone.
Last year, WhatsApp introduced the ability to transfer history. However, this function was only available for smartphones that are based on iOS and not Android. The ability to transfer data between Android and iOS in test mode was made available in June 2022. The function is now available in stable versions and distribution is ongoing.
The developers explained that if you move from an Android phone to an iPhone, your account information, profile picture, chat history, chat history, media files, and settings can all be transferred. It is not possible to transfer the call history or display names.
These conditions must be met in order to transfer.
- The smartphone must run Android version 5.1 Lollipop (or later)
- iPhone must run iOS version 15.5 and later.
- You must have Move to iOS installed on your Android phone.
- iPhone must have WhatsApp installed on iOS version 188.8.131.52 and later.
- An older smartphone must have WhatsApp for Android version 184.108.40.206.74 installed.
- The iPhone must have the same number.
- To pair with the Transfer iOS app and transfer data from Android devices, iPhone must be brand new or factory reset
- Both smartphones need to be connected with a power source.
- Both phones must be connected to the same Wi Fi network. An iPhone hotspot can be connected to your Android smartphone.